Re: Kerberos for Debian Edu/Squeeze?

After my blog post, I got a tip from Nils-Anders Nøttseter about LDAP
integration for Kerberos to avoid having two user databases, one in
LDAP and one in Kerberos.  He told me it is possible to avoid by
installing the krb5-kdc-ldap package.  A recipe on how to set it up is
available from
I look forward to testing it.

He also mentioned that pam-ccred and kerberos should work just fine,
with instructions on

I've added the kerberos packages as suggests to the main-server and
networked tasks.  I picked the MIT kerberos packages (and not the
Heimdal ones), because those were the packages mentioned in the
Kerberos talk I attended on Tuesday.  The video and slides from that
talk is now available from

Happy hacking,