Re: Bits from the Release Team: What should go into squeeze?

Hi Petter,

On Samstag, 20. März 2010, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Holger Levsen]
>
> > the release team asked developers the following question, below is
> > my intended answer for Debian Edu. Anything missing?
>
> Oh, yeah.  You are only touching the top of the iceberg.

Probably :)

> I do not
> really have time to put down all the stuff we need to fix before we
> proudly can present a Squeeze based Debian Edu, but here are a few
> more:
>
>  - KDE pull in mysql, which fail to start on diskless workstations.

Thats not our bug to fix and is already filed as RC. So, that point is mood
IMO in our mail to the release team...

>  - kmix do not work on thin clients.

Is there a bug filed about this?

>  - firefox do not have our start page

firefox?? ITYM iceweasel :)

Again: Is there a bug filed about this?

And still, I dont consider this a blocker nor hard to fix.

>  - gnash 0.8.7 in squeeze do not work with all the pages that worked
>    with gnash 0.8.7 in lenny.

Again: #?

>  - USB sticks do not seem to work with LTSP thin clients.

Again: #? I think this has been filed as RC against ltspfs, hasnt it?

>  - And heaps more I do not have time to put down now. :)

Bugs which havent been filed dont exist :-D

>  - Improve KDE menu to make it easier to find stuff.
>  - We should review the KDE packages installed in kubuntu to see which
>    we should install too.  Noticed they included remote access tools
>    out of the box, and we should too.  Do not know what the packages
>    are called. :)
>
> We need more time testing and finding bugs before we can give the
> release managers a good list of stuff we need to fix before Debian Edu
> is close to ready.  I believe it is vital to express this clearly to
> the release managers, to make sure they do not underestimate how much
> work is left for us.

Thanks what I'm trying to do.

So I guess I will add a fourth (plus the three from my mail) issue: all RC
bugs listed at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=debian-edu;users=debian-edu@lists.debian.org -
does that sound good?

cheers,