Re: backup on another machine

[Nigel Barker]
> I would be grateful if someone could give some hints about how to
> move backup to another machine.
>
> How hard would it be to create a "backup" install profile for Squeeze?

In princible, it should be to install using the debian-edu-expert mode
to install the minimal profile, install the backup software on this
new machine, and to update DNS to change where the backup CNAME
points.  I suspect one also would need to update ssh keys or similar.
Finally, one should probably stop the backup service on the
main-server.

I have not tried this myself, so I do not know the details.  If you
try, please write up the details in a howto on the wiki.

Happy hacking,