Re: samba-questions

On Sunday 07 February 2010 11:26 Martin Schulte wrote:
> Hi,
> i added an WindowsXP-computer to the skolelinux network.
>
> 1. After login there is an Icon "My home" on desktop. I want to
> rename it into the german name "Heimatverzeichnis". So that it will
> be have this name, when I add a new user using LWAT. I looked around
> in the /etc/samba/smb-debian-edu.conf , but nothing to find there.
>
> 2. Which is the standard-windows-profile the new user will succeed
> (the folder profile). There is nothing to find in the /etc/skel .
>
> Thanks, martin

You are here at the begining of a very complex part of managing things
with windows machines. You should be aware of the whole part before you
fiddle around with some config options.
I say this to you, because your questions make me feel, that you haven't
even read the samba docs and are also not aware of the profile concepts
of MS-Windows machines.
If I'm right with what I said above, you are adviced to first read/learn
what is written in the samba docs at:

http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/ProfileMgmt.html

to get an expression about what you are thinking today ...

Best wishes, Jürgen Leibner

--
GnuPG Key ID: 0x37FF4410
Finger-Print: CF03 BA85 654D 0EED E161 3DD5 07FF 8246 37FF 4410