Re: Using OpenSuSe xdg_menu to debug menu content in Debian Edu?

El dom, 31-01-2010 a las 21:07 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen escribió:
> [José L. Redrejo Rodríguez]
> > I've already have the fixes for squeeze, I've just waiting to commit
> > them until the lenny version of Debian Edu is released.
>
> What about trying to fix the default KDE and Gnome menues in Debian to
> be more consistent and match our need better?  I wanted to start
> there, to see if we could clean it up a bit before Squeeze.

Because in most cases is not an error itself, but a different criteria.
As an example: the maintainer of upstream of Kicad can consider this
application should go into the "Development" branch in a Debian machine,
and it's a very reasonable place to put it. But, in terms of Debian Edu,
it's much more logical to place it at Education->Electronics. Same for
many music, graphic, etc. applications.
The problem is not (usually) a bug in the menu in Debian, but installing
so many applications as Debian Edu does, and relocate the menus to make
them usable, in order to allow the end users (teachers & students) an
easy and logical way to find the application they're searching.

Regards.
José L.