Using OpenSuSe xdg_menu to debug menu content in Debian Edu?

Recently I have had a look at the KDE menu in Debian Edu Squeeze, and
reported a few bugs about applications in obviosly bad locations.

In the process, I came across
where Mandriva document their effort to migrate away from Debian menu
files and to use XDG files instead.  Seem like a good idea for Debian
to do too. :)

Anyway, on that page a tool from SuSe is mentioned, and it seem to be
the tool I need to be able to quickly get a complete list of all the
menu entries in the current KDE menu, to see if some of them have bad
locations.

The tool is available from
and using it like this gave me a useful list:

  xdg_menu --root-menu /etc/xdg/menus/kde-applications.menu | less

I am not quite sure if that is the correct root menu for KDE, but it
definitely gave me a list that seem similar to the KDE menu.

Jose, what tools did you use when you reorganized the menus for the
education-menus package?

Happy hacking,