Re: International Developer Meeting 19. - 21.2.2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:17:05PM +0100, Kurt Gramlich wrote:
* Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [100127 09:48]:

[Kurt Gramlich]
> Please put your name in the following wikipage, if you like to
> join:
>
> https://wiki.skolelinux.de/RheinlandPfalzEntwicklertreffen2010

There is a distinct lack of English text on that page.  Any hope of
having that changed?

done

English still is only a second-class language at the wiki page.

I can read it (this is not a request for help). But please beware that the signal sent by such layout is that the gathering potentially is mainly in german too, which might discourage some from attending.

If an english event, probably best to invite fully in english, to send a clear signal about the lingual intent. If also inviting in other languages (german, spanish etc.), then make sure to note at those invitations what the intended main language of the event will be.

Maybe irrelevant to change now for this event, but maybe something to keep in mind for future events (both in norway, germany and elsewhere).

Regards,

 - Jonas