LTSP login blocked by .mozilla/mozver.dat ? (Re: failing ltsp login: xsession-errors / firefox & kde?)

Hello,

yesterday I did some testings with user accounts that were not able to log
in to LTSP (password is accepted, a black screen shows up for a second,
then the login screen comes back; no KDE splash screen or anything).

There are no logs in .xsession-errors, so I logged in via ssh on tjener
and tested those users that were not able to log in on ltsp on a terminal:

User 1 could log in as soon as I removed his .mozilla directory. I double
checked that quota was not the problem. Actually, I just renamed .mozilla
to .motzilla; after logging out, I renamed .motzilla back to .mozilla,
but this didn't block the account. So this makes me guess that some
autostart process (or session restorage) was dropped when .mozilla was
missing - and didn't step in any more after restoring .mozilla.

For user 2, I checked .kde/Autostart first (nothing!), then removed some
session links (cache, tmp) from .kde. No success.
I renamed .mozilla/plugins and removed the latest biggest files
in .mozilla/firefox. No success.

Then I moved .mozilla/mozver.dat (which has global plugin paths) to /tmp
- and voila: user 2 was able to login now.
Same thing: After logging out and restoring mozver.dat, the account still
worked.

Searching the web brought me to this Gentoo bug that might be related:
http://bugs.gentoo.org/90438

As I understand it, firefox wouldn't start if mozver.dat and others have
wrong user IDs due to NFS mount (stale?).

What I have to try next time (when I get new blocked account samples):
- login from a workstation
- change the startscript for firefox according to
http://bugs.gentoo.org/90438

Any further hints/comments...?

Cheers
Ralf