Re: Experiences with RC1 after running it for 24h

[Knut Yrvin]
> -- Secondly you should check the memory usage log provided
>     in Nagios. According to Petter, Nagios also monitors
>     end user machines including Diskless Workstations.

Yes, but not for swap usage.  Only machines with nagios-nrpe-server
and the sitesummary-client configuration for nrpe activated get
monitored by Nagios for swap usage.  By default that is Main-server
and Thin-client-server.  There are three levels for Nagios montoring:

 - Full monitoring (Main-server and Thin-client-server)
 - Partial monitoring (none by default, machines with nrpe installed
   but not configured to accept arguments for test)
 - Network services (Workstation, Diskless Workstation and Thin-client)

Swap status is no network service and is thus not monitored by Nagios
on diskless workstations.

On the other hand, I believe the syslog might have useul information
if it killed processes because it ran out of memory.

Happy hacking,