Re: rosegarden

Hi Nigel

Am Montag, 25. Januar 2010 schrieben Sie:
> The teacher was very vague. He asked "where kids can choose various
> instruments and play with the sounds, or anything like that?". He
> teaches grade 4 and 5. That means age 10 and 11. I imagine he has
>  seen Garage Band on Mac, or similar.
> If you have any ideas I would love to hear them

Okay, fist thing I recall is those musical activities (tomtom?) for the
XO laptop. They should be available via sugar?

Then, LMMS is a scoreless approach that could replace DJ software like
fruity loops (IIRC that TM).

I read about frescobaldi which gives a GUI for lilypond - and want to
try this as well; should be quite educational for pupils 12+.

Regards
RAlf