Re: real-time kernel (Was: rosegarden)

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 05:32:51PM +0100, Hector Oron wrote:
Hello,

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 03:22:28PM +0100, Herman Robak wrote:

By the way: Is someone out there providing low latency
i686 kernel images built and packaged for Debian Lenny?
Someone dependable, with an apt repository, I mean.
Pretty please... :-}

I am unsure this is what you are looking for:
	deb http://debian.pengutronix.de/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

Also I did a diagonal read of #521893 which might be of interest.

Looks interesting indeed.

I won't use it currently, however:

Latest release, 2.6.31.12-rt20-1, seems to be a fork of a 6 months old experimental Debian release, with Debian patches dropped, and later upstream and RT patches applied.

It apparently isn't tracking newest official upstream (probably since RT patches take more time to prepare). It also isn't tracking some older stable official release instead.

And it uses Debian choice of modules to compile, but a 6 months old list without tracking newer changes. Old Firewire driver is disabled.

 - Jonas