Re: r61963 - in trunk/src/debian-edu-config: debian sbin

[Holger Levsen]
> There is a *lot* of current hardware which doesnt work with the
> lenny kernel, _automatically_ using 2.6.30 from bpo is no solution
> at this point in the release process IMO.

I believe you missed the significance of this statement in the code:

   if [ -t 1 ] ; then

It make sure the code is not running automatically during installation
(because cfengine do not provide a tty on stdout and the script falls
back to only report how to fix the problem).  The "[ -t 1 ]" statement
make sure the backport kernel is only installed if the script is
executed manually by the sysadmin on the command line.

The code in question will report instructions in the log on how to
enable the wireless card on the machine, and the sysadmin can then
choose to follow these instructions or not.

Happy hacking,