Re: /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d?

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 09:49:18PM +0200, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Hi. Regarding /usr/share/doc/ltspfs/examples/kde-desktop-icons from
> package ltspfs:
>
> The script comment says:
>
> # to use this hook, install this in /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d/ and mark it
> # as executable.
>
> Our LTSP server has no directory "mounter.d" - even apt-file doesn't
> find any file of that name.

go ahead and create the directory, and drop the file in there. most LTSP things
are like that; go ahead and put files where the documentation says to put them.
i'll update the comments to be explicit about this in future versions because
it comes up a lot.

these steps should hopefully work for you:

  mkdir -p /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d
  cp /usr/share/doc/ltspfs/examples/kde-desktop-icons /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d
  chmod +x /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d/kde-desktop-icons

> Might this be a problem:
>
> # apt-cache policy ltspfs
> ltspfs:
>   Installiert: 0.5.3-3
>   Kandidat: 0.5.3-3
>   Versions-Tabelle:
>  *** 0.5.3-3 0
>         500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org lenny/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      0.4.3+debian2+0.edu.0.etch.2 0
>         500 http://ftp.skolelinux.org etch/local Packages

the version available in lenny should support it. the version in debian-edu's
etch should support it.

live well,
  vagrant