Re: install printers on lenny?

Klaus Ade Johnstad wrote:
Mandag 24. august 2009 15:09, skrev nigel barker:
Does anyone have printing working on lenny? Google isn't helping me
much.

I have a truck-load of printers working on Lenny. Sound like you might miss some cups-packages, can you list what cups packages you have installed?

Thanks for the suggestions. I have printers working now.
Firstly, one machine which wouldn't print is the ltspserver which was stopping during installation. Perhaps something was missing from it, after all. I swapped it for another (identical) machine and problem fixed. Then another one was the actual printer - something wrong with its USB port. It was previously connected via parallel, but this new computer doesn't have a parallel interface. Then the third one I didn't investigate yet, but having solved 2, I am confident that its not a problem with skolelinux.

Sorry for my late night panic!

nigel