Re: Debian Edu Etch Installer with newer kernel

Hi,

RalfGesellensetter schrieb:
> Am Dienstag 04 August 2009 schrieb nigel barker:
>> Philipp, if you succeed with this, would you mind updating the wiki?
>> I tried to follow:
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/Debian2DebianEdu
=> 1

>> after installing etchnhalf a few months ago, but I wasn't successful.
>> (sorry can't remember what went wrong)
>
> Hi Nigel,
>
> how are you? Maybe you can sync that page with Philip's howto at
> http://wiki.skolelinux.de/PhilippHuebner/customTerminalserverLenny
=> 2

> (translate from German to English using any online tool)

These are 2 different approaches:
1. Turn a Debian installation into Debian Edu
2. Make a plain Debian installation work with a Debian Edu Tjener

I don't think it makes sense trying to sync those two, since number 2
doesn't use any of the Debian Edu packages nor any of the integrations
(no munin, no sitesummary, and so on).
All I do in 2 is to set up ldap and nfs.

Number 2 could be helpful, if in the end number 1 is not working
correctly, to fix it manually.

Nevertheless thanks for quoting my work ;)

Best wishes,
--
 .''`.   Philipp Hübner <debalance@debian.org>
: :'  :  pgp fp: BA61 0B0A 2626 D49C BFC6  1C18 1619 74E4 C259 E0E8