Re: Debian Edu Etch Installer with newer kernel

> [Philipp Huebner]
>>> That said, Kenshi Muto has build d-i images which newer kernels.
>> Cool, thanks for the hint!
>> But I've only found regular d-i images, none for debian edu, is that
>> correct?
>
> Debian Edu since Etch uses normal d-i images.  The installation
> overrides are done using udeb_include and the debian-edu-install
> package.  The only reason we used special d-i images in the past was
> to replace the language question with one including all our languages
> (default + sami).  Now d-i include the sami option, and we do not need
> to create our own images any more.

Philipp, if you succeed with this, would you mind updating the wiki? I
tried to follow:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/Debian2DebianEdu

after installing etchnhalf a few months ago, but I wasn't successful.
(sorry can't remember what went wrong)

cheers
nigel