Re: Skolelinux in Nepal?

Hi Brennan,

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 05:39:09PM +0545, Brennan Holten wrote:
I'm currently spending the summer teaching high school mathematics and science in Kathmandu, Nepal. Thus far, I've found the computer education here to be drastically substandard; so when I get back to the States, I'm planning on donating some hardware for them to use with Skolelinux installed.

I was just curious if anyone else was working on getting Debian/Skolelinux in schools in Nepal. For obvious reasons, I think it would be a great blessing for them, as the only way most of them can afford computers is to use pirated proprietary software -- and even then, the computer education simply consists of learning to type in notepad.

I would recommend to get in touch with Bryan Berry, leader of the OLPC deployment in Nepal, who has concrete experience both about the country and about kinds of contributions that works and don't.

His email is bryan@olenepal.org

Kind regards,

 - Jonas