Re: LWAT and DHCP (was Re: Missing Ldap entries? Thin client problem?)

Andreas Schockenhoff skrev:
> I should. Thanks.
>
> But I only see the entry's that lwat has generate. That was my fault! :-(
> If this is OK we must change the host entries that they are shown or we
> delete this dhcp entries?

lwat only shows hosts which also exist in ou=Machines, e.g.:
 # static00, Machines, People, skole.skolelinux.no
 dn: cn=static00,ou=Machines,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
 objectClass: top
 objectClass: organizationalRole
 objectClass: domainRelatedObject
 objectClass: ipHost
 objectClass: ieee802Device
 cn: static00
 associatedDomain: intern
 ipHostNumber: 10.0.2.50
 macAddress: 00:11:22:33:44:56

If you add your existing hosts there they should show up in lwat.

> What is DHCP1 or DHCP2 Group?

Two dhcpGroups in LDAP. In debian-edu they happen to be called group1
and group2. You can set many of the same DHCP options on dhcpGroups that
you can set on networks or individual machines, e.g. filename.
This can be useful in certain cases where some hosts should get
different DHCP options.

John.