Re: shutdown menu option

Nigel Barker wrote:
2009/11/10 Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
Hi,

On Dienstag, 10. November 2009, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
Are you aware of the shutdown-at-night package, which will turn off a
unused machine at night ...?  It
can even turn it on again if the machine is supported by nvram-wakeup
or from a server using wake-on-lan.
it would be great to have this documented at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/HowTo/Administration

It would be great to have it built in already. I don't fancy the
propsect of installing and configuring it 30 or 40 times for all our
workstations.
Which brings up another question: is there a way to centrally manage
the software on skolelinux computers?  Currently I just leave them for
a few years, then re-clone with a fresh install or convert them to
thin clients. I'm sure you guys do something clever that I don't know
about, right?

cheers
nigel

ps. I would still like to know why I have a shutdown option on debian,
but not on skolelinux
Personally i use FAI
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/FaiInstallDebianEdu

Ronny