Re: shutdown menu option

[Nigel Barker]
> In my school many workstations are left on overnight. Perhaps this
> would be improved if shutdown were a logout option?

Are you aware of the shutdown-at-night package, which will turn off a
unused machine at night if its hostname (output from uname -n) is
listed as a host member of the shutdown-at-night-hosts netgroup or if
the host have the file /etc/shutdown-at-night/shutdown-at-night?  It
can even turn it on again if the machine is supported by nvram-wakeup
or from a server using wake-on-lan.

Happy hacking,