Re: Samba + 7

Am Donnerstag 29 Oktober 2009 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> Well, backports.org has samba 3.4.2, so if you need that, get it from
>  there.  AFAICS Debian Edu doesnt have the ressources to maintain its
>  own samba backport.

Hi Holger,

I didn't think about my personal installation here, but rather about
what our users will need. We should include a corresponding section in
debian-edu-doc - possibly pointing to

	http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

I agree, that we won't have the capabilities to maintain our own
backports of Samba 3.3.x - it's just one more sample of asyncronous
release cycles...

Regards
Ralf