Re: debian-edu build process, once more
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: debian-edu build process, once more
- From: Andreas Tille <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 10:37:39 +0100
- Message-id: <20091102093739.GC1325@an3as.eu>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20091022120540.GA32278@an3as.eu> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:34:42PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I think foolproofness is more important today, given that almost all
> developers have broadband.
Hmmm, Deutsche Telekom calls my 385kBit "DSL/2" broadband. Do you agree
with them? :-((
(OK, except regarding bandwidth it is a very nice place to live here. ;-))
> It can happen quite easily: edit debian/control, realize you need to edit
> control.stub and/or the task files instead, still save debian/control
> thinking "it gets autogenerated anyway" and boom. it doesnt.
> following the principle of least surprise I think it would be better, if
> debian/control always gets regenerated and that one needs a special switch to
> omit this step.
OK, I think I'll change it. Feel free to ping me or write a bug report.
I'm currently a bit busy with real life issues (that's the reason why I
was not as responsive as usual over the weekend).