thin client performance

Dear All

How would I go about checking the performance of a thin client, to see if it was responsible for its own slowness? (and not the server or network)

I'm asking because I have some via 600MHz 256MB clients that seem sluggish with my new ltspserver, whereas the other clients on the same switch (1.5GHz celerons 256MB) are fine. When a class of kids were making impress presentations, I had several complaints from that type of client, and when I checked, they were indeed slow.

Is 600MHz too slow nowadays? I have some original pentium 166 with only 48MB running still with an etch server, so I would be a little surprised if the minimum specs have jumped so much.

cheers

nigel