Re: Install skolelinux desktop from standard debian?

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
If interested in the gory details, see http://bugs.debian.org/311188 (the reason the bug was ignored for several releases and its severity lowered is that parts of the functionality is only triggered on custom Skolelinux install routines, not normal package install).

Yes detail was useful background. I will download the DVD...

Also, beware that newest stable release of Skolelinux is based on Debian Sarge. Testing releases based on Debian Lenny are available but not recommended for production use.

s/Sarge/Etch/ ?

What FAQ? Please provide URL, so that we can either correct errors in the documents or point you to more appropriate documentation if you are looking at some suboptimal place.

Have in mind I was reading between the lines...but the FAQ is here:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/FAQ/Installation/Upgrade

s/Woody/Etch/ ?