RFC/Discuss: Replace KDE by LXDE on LTSP?

Dear list,

Klaus Knopper replaced KDE by LXDE to reduce startup time (especially
for netbooks), and thus I have been using this new desktop environment
for some weeks, now.

I've always been a big fan of KDE (and contributed within my
possibilities to the KDE project), but I also like the lite and yet
comfortable appearance of LXDE. Especially for less powerfull hardware,
this desktop is a real alternative.

The backdraw must be mentioned: While the desktop comes up very quickly,
many stuff is only loaded just in time (causing pauses during work);
this includes sub-menues of the start menu, and of course libraries and
daemons (qt/DCOP for instance).

Regarding the LTSP usecase, most services have been started right
beforehand, anyway, so popcon should tell us more -

and of course, your personal comment to this thread ;)

Thanks,
Regards
Ralf.