Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/ArchivePolicy" by HolgerLevsen

> The "DebianEdu/ArchivePolicy" page has been changed by HolgerLevsen:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ArchivePolicy?action=diff&rev1=38&rev2=39

> -  1. Normally we accept only packages which are also part of Debian. If for some reasons the package is not yet in Debian please write some notes into the  changelog. If the package won't go into Debian for some reasons it is necessary to write a mail with a description and the reasons to ML (ftpmasters@skolelinux.org) or talk to the ftpmasters on IRC to get your package accepted, but the general intention should be to get the package into debian one day. The most common case this rule applies to is when the package should be tested in the Debian-Edu testing pools first, so that it can be uploaded to Debian after some testing.
> +  1. Normally we accept only packages which are also part of Debian. If for some reasons the package is not yet in Debian please write some notes into the  changelog. If the package won't go into Debian for some reasons it is necessary to write a mail with a description and the reasons to ML (ftpmasters@skolelinux.org - IRC is not enough). The general intention should be to get the package into debian one day. The most common case this rule applies to is when the package should be tested in the Debian-Edu testing pools first, so that it can be uploaded to Debian after some testing.

This change, excluding IRC as a communication channel to get this type
of fixes into Debian Edu, raises slightly the bar on getting stuff
solved and seem to me like a bad idea.  Because of this, I believe
this change should be undone.

If at any given time IRC is not appropriate, it was possible with the
old policy statement to ask for it to be moved to email, while with
the new one it is no longer possible to use a quick approach first.

Happy hacking,