Re: Do we need to split the i386/amd64 DVD?

[Ronny Aasen]
> I was about to ask the opposite question.  Given that all our
> requiered packages reach the dvd. and we have padding packages on
> the dvd.
>
> Should we, re-add powerpc to the dvd ? and would we still get all
> required packages on the dvd with 3 arches ?

We could try, at least.  I am not sure how to predict if it will fit
or not.  It depend on the ratio of arch-dependent
vs. non-arch-dependend packages, and the size of powerpc binaries.  I
must admit, I doubt we have any powerpc users (popcon.skolelinux.org
is my source), and thus do not see the big advantage. :)

I do not really know what problem you tried to solve, so I do not know
if it still exist. :)

I rewrote the build scripts to make it easier to figure out the last
recommended package wanted on the cd (ie the last package in the list
that would be installed by default).  I hope it make it easier to
figure out how we are doing with space.

Happy hacking,