RE: SkoleLinux and Live disks

nigel barker: Friday, April 03, 2009 1:23 PM

> The beauty of skolelinux is that it installs your whole
> school network - servers, desktops and thin clients. You are
> not going to show that with a live CD. However if you install
> a combi-server onto an old computer with 2 NICs, and PXE-boot
> your relative's computer as a thin client, then you will be
> on the way to showing what it can do.

	Nice idea nigel, that would be thrilling ;)
May give him a start :)

> (can the live CD function as a combi server anyone?)

	There's one for that too at the same location:
http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux/cd-archive/etch/the-last-dailes/cd-etch-live/edulive-Main-Server+Thin-Client-Server-200709191545.iso

While I fully agree with Nigel regarding beauty, the power is in maintenance and administration (so called TCO), as Ronny mentioned.

Good luck, Odd.