Re: lenny main contrib non-free

[Holger Levsen]
> in etch, Debian Edu only has a "local" category, while Debian
> has "main", "contrib" and "non-free". (Actually, they are not part of Debian
> but Debian provides infrastructure. Anyway...)
>
> For lenny, I propose we do the same for our lenny (and lenny-test). (And keep
> etch as it is.)
>
> What do you think?

The use of 'local' was forced on us by debian-cd, which refused to add
extra packages that were not in the 'local' category.  If this
limitation is no longer present, I am all for using more sensible
categories.  And if the limitation is still there, I hope someone can
get rid of it. :)

I would actually recommend it is left for lenny+1, as there are plenty
of work to do and no need to fix what isn't broken at the moment. :)

> P.S.: This was triggered by the notion that there is no
> flashplugin-nonfree package in lenny, nor planned for bpo nor
> volatile (afaik). So I was thinking of uploading it to our repo, but
> I didnt (and dont) like the idea of putting packages not suited for
> Debian main into our main (heh!) repo.

Well, if debian-cd is still silly, I recommend you get used to the
idea.  I had to, after spending weeks and weeks trying to get the CD
building back in the woody days with a local 'main' category. :)

Hapy hacking,