RE: problem with lwat or ldap

-----Original Message-----
From: Finn-Arne Johansen [mailto:faj@bzz.no]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:53 AM
To: Jacob Maier
Cc: debian-edu@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: problem with lwat or ldap

Jacob Maier skrev:
> Hi Everyone
> Something has gone wrong with my ldap setup.
> First the environment.
> I recreated this server over the christmas break. I suspected hardware

> problems so I gutted the machine put in a new motherboard, cpu, ram
> and powersupply. Then I reinstalled the latest stable version of
> skolelinux I restored the user data base using slapcat and slapadd.
>
> Okay everything is running okay but I can not add user or change their

> groups. I can change their passwords. When I use lwat I get message
> that says " ERROR unable to update nextID" I have down loaded other
> ldap tools like ldap-account-manager and GQ these can browse the
> database but can not change it. They all say Confidentialiality
> required. In addition I have been trying to set up email and moodle to

> use the ldap and am making no headway.
> So eveything points to a ldap setup problem of some sort.

That means that you have an authentication problem, which is fixed in
version 0.17. Which version do you have installed ?

// faj

I have tried both version 0.16 which gave me the nextID message and
version 0.17 which gives me an internal error 80 form Ldap.

I  think you are right that I have an authenication error but not sure
how to fix it.