Re: Diskless Workstation - impossible to install

2008/11/3 mariodebian <mariodebian@gmail.com>:
> El lun, 03-11-2008 a las 14:50 +0100, Valerio Pachera escribió:
> VESA driver is broken in lenny/sid:

Thanks for the answer but I'm using etch.
The DWS were working. The things I did before it stopped to work are:
inside the chrot
  aptitude install build-essential libqt4-dev xorg-dev
to compile later a program. I remember it took many other dependences.

I edited /etc/dhcpd/dhcpd.conf to add the new static hosts (the DWS).

I added the same DWS to LWAT.

Here I could signal a kind of BUG:
if i try to add a machine inserting a name that IS NOT in
/etc/dhcpd/dhcpd.conf, lwat gives a bad error (sorry, I don't have it
now).

It may fails at mounting home dirs but generaly I don't get a message
from kdm when that happen. Not the same "red" critical message.
I will check better the configuration files I touched.

To me sounds like a nfs problem.

I also removed "nfsroot=/opt/ltsp/i386" from /var/lib/tftp/pxelinux.cfg/default
If I add it, nothing change.