Re: Debian Lenny and italc

[Gerhard Prade]
> i edit /etc/kde4/kdm/Xstartup
> and wrote at the end
>
> killall ica
> /etc/bin/ica &

[Valerio Pachera]
> I prefeare to create the link in ~.kde/Autostart/ica
> pointing to /usr/bin/ica

I would recommend to not do any of these.  The first is not a good
idea because it require to edit another packages configuration file
giving potential upgrade problems, and the other is not a good idea
because it require updating all users home directory content and might
be disabled by the user, as well as fail to be enabled for some users.

My recommended solution would be to create a shell script file
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/ica, and add the commands there.  This will be
executed when a user log in with either KDE, Gnome, or any other
graphical X11 environment, and do nto require editing other packages
files.  Perhaps something like this:

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/ica:

  #!/bin/sh
  killall ica
  /etc/bin/ica < /dev/null &

Make sure the script is executable (chmod a+rx /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ica).

>> Further the user can kill the italkprocess.
>> What can i do?
>
> No idea till now...
>
> Ital is installed in the worskstation right?

No idea how to avoid this, as long as the ica process need to run as
the user.

Happy hacking,