correct boot options for LTSP lenny
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: correct boot options for LTSP lenny
- From: Vagrant Cascadian <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:42:57 -0800
- Message-id: <20081117174257.GJ8315@ryukin.fglan>
- In-reply-to: <D90F4982977A4A78B3CC8B39356DC2B7@static00>
- References: <7B069DBF53364414960CC9F58D771AE7@static00> <11D57292EE044F7EA071D6E18AFB4BE8@static00> <20081116172155.GI8315@ryukin.fglan> <D90F4982977A4A78B3CC8B39356DC2B7@static00>
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 06:23:24PM +0200, Oded Naveh wrote:
> > From: Vagrant Cascadian on Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:22 PM
> > seems like you've got an outdated
> > /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default ...
> > should contain "boot=nfs", if it doesn't, it'll fall back to
> > the NBD related hooks, which are not default on Debian.
> Indeed "boot=nfs" is missing at
> I've got neither,
> I have /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ltsp/update-kernels.conf (added boot=nfs to
> I haven't got /opt/ltsp/i386 /usr/lib/ltsp/update-kernels (no such file or
> But I have /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ltsp/update-kernels (Shell script)
ah, yes, sorry for the typo's.
> So I tried:
> chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
> Still didn't pull the trick.
you still need to run ltsp-update-kernels after that, to get the tftpboot
directory populated server side. so the complete instructions:
# step 1: ensure boot=nfs in BOOTPROMPT_OPTS
# for example: BOOTPROMPT_OPTS="quiet splash boot=nfs"
# step 2: run update-kernels script in the chroot
chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 /usr/share/ltsp/update-kernels
# step 3: run ltsp-update-kernels on the server
> I created /etc/ltsp/ltsp-update-kernels.conf then ran:
> That had put the boot=nfs option in
that's because of the previous step you took, but you shouldn't need to edit
/etc/ltsp/ltsp-update-kernels.conf. i should have mentioned that that's
deprecated, as you can have multiple LTSP chroots on a single server, possibly
different architectures, each with different boot options- so a single source
for those options is a bad idea. it also may not even work correctly anymore.
p.s. please do not CC me, just send to the list. thanks!