RE: Upgrade to Lenny (+Lenny-test).
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: Upgrade to Lenny (+Lenny-test).
- From: "Oded Naveh" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 21:30:24 +0200
- Message-id: <11D57292EE044F7EA071D6E18AFB4BE8@static00>
- In-reply-to: <7B069DBF53364414960CC9F58D771AE7@static00>
- References: <7B069DBF53364414960CC9F58D771AE7@static00>
I downloaded and clean installed a Lenny CD image. There were few issues during installation and I filed bugs as Holger Levsen suggested:
> Best place to report bugs is bugs.skolelinux.org
Now I'm facing a problem which blocks me from making farther progress, The thin clients fail to load, the same problem occurred on my system upgraded from Etch via web:
> 3) Thin Clients don't start:
> After "Booting the kernel.", "IP-Config:" seems correct, but:
> "Error: Connect: Connection refused", consequent mounts fail:
mount: mounting aufs on /root failed: No such device
mount: mounting /rofs on /root/rofs failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /dev on /root/dev failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directory
> therefore "No init found." and end up with BusyBox.
Please see details for bug 1320 at http://bugs.skolelinux.no/cgi-bin/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1320
Could that be NBD message not NFS?
Is it possible the thin clients try to mount a root filesystem via NBD?
Please your questions, suggestions and directions for this issue.
Best place to discuss bugs is probably bugs.skolelinux.org