RE: Diskless Workstation - impossible to install

Vagrant Cascadian: Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:55 PM
> ah, yes. the versions of initramfs-tools in lenny supports
> putting the server's ip in root-path, but the version in etch
> didn't (you need to use next-server).
	Well, That really is an interesting piece of information, but
shouldn't there be a dependency relation defined to take care of that?
But then I guess such dependency would be enough to hang tasksel on etch
(current stable), wouldn't it?

> lenny's ltsp is in good shape, so i would definitely
> recommend giving it a try if it's not for production. if
> you're really adventurous, try the ltsp/ltspfs/ldm packages
> from experimental :)
	<Left this bit for prospective searchers>

Does anybody here think ltsp-make-client should be enhanced?
I'd be happy to test my aptitude on this iff it has any value beyond mere
exercise.
I mean this discussion suggests it may, such as Petter wrote, but I'm not in
a position to tell.

Petter Reinholdtsen: Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:41 AM