Re: how to restore?

nigel barker skrev:
> Already 2 months into the school year, and now the first student who
> can't find his work.
>
> However, I can't figure out how to restore. I go to https://tjener  then
> I choose backup, sign in, select the client to restore (tjener), browse
> to find the directory I want to restore, and then what? I don't see any
> options for which snapshot to restore from, where to restore to, or any
> button saying "restore now" or "continue".

Is it a complete folde ryou want to restore, or single files ?

if you want to restore a complete folder, your best option is to use the
command-line (it always is)
 sudo rdiff-backup -r <date>  \
  /skole/backup/tjener/skole/tjener/home0/user \
  /skole/tjener/home0/user_<date>

this will leave the content from /skole/tjener/home0/user from <date> in
the folder /skole/tjener/home0/user_<date>

if you want to restore a single file, then you should be able to select
the file (and the version) from the web-interface, and download only
that file.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/