Re: r55307 - in trunk/src/debian-edu: debian tasks

[Holger Levsen]
> Then you will probably have to implement that alternative,
> preferedly for a new kind of cd/dvd, lenny-nonfree-(amd64|i386).

If you want to have a CD and DVD set with less functionallity than the
last version of Debian Edu, you are of course free to make a extra CD
and DVD set, but the official set should support more hardware and
work better in schools for every release, not support less hardware
and work less good in schools.  This has always been the goal, and
trying anything less is not really helping the schools using or
wanting to use skolelinux.

The long term goal is to make sure we can do this by only providing
free software according to the DFSG, but until that is possible, the
priority is to make sure the schools get what they need to be able to
teach pupils that sharing is good and that free software is of very
high quality and solve their educational needs.  Pushing schools over
to Windows is not going to help us do that.

> Moving the debian-edu package to non-free is no option, but thats
> what would have to be done, if we depend on non-free stuff.

Hintfile it is, then.

Happy hacking,