Re: Diskless Workstation - impossible to install

[Oded Naveh]
> What are the reasons we need tasksel and can't simply use aptitude
> with:

The reason tasksel is used is to make sure the same set of packages
are installed on a diskless workstation as is installed on a normal
workstation, and thus it was thought to be a good idea to use the same
mechanism to install.

When that is said, the reason the fallback mechanism og using

  aptitude install -y -q $(tasksel --task-packages education-workstation)

isn't the default, is that I never found time to verify that it would
install the same set of packages.  I believe it does, with more
feedback in the process if something go wrong, but I never ran a full
test to compare the list of packages installed one way and the other.

So I would suggest commenting out the 'tasksel install' call and use
the aptitude install call instead if you run into problems.  Then you
should see in the log when the installation hang.

Happy hacking,