Re: stopmotion broken in Lenny because vgrabbj is missing

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I just tried to test stopmotion in Lenny, and it does not work.  It
> report that "You do not have the given grabber installed on your
> system" because vgrabbj is missing.  The vgrabbj package is removed
> from Lenny because it uses freetype1 instead of freetype2. :(

This is still the case.

> Check <URL:http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/vgrabbj.html> for the
> details.  If this isn't fixed, stopmotion will only work with DV
> cameras, and not with any USB cameras.  Any volunteer to produce a
> patch for vgrabbj to use freetype2?

As the package was missing in Lenny when the package freeze went into
effect, we would have to maintain our own backport to solve this
issue.  I guess it is too late.

Do most users of stopmotion use USB or DV cameras?  Support for DV
cameras should still be present in Lenny.  Would it be better to drop
stopmotion from the Lenny release because the USB camera support is
broken?  We do not really want a lot of unhappy users complaining
about stopmotion not working for them, but we do not really want to
remove a tool that is used with Woody either.  What to we want the
least?

Happy hacking,