Re: stopmotion broken in Lenny because vgrabbj is missing

* Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [080805 18:54]:

> [Petter Reinholdtsen]
> > I just tried to test stopmotion in Lenny, and it does not work.  It
> > report that "You do not have the given grabber installed on your
> > system" because vgrabbj is missing.  The vgrabbj package is removed
> > from Lenny because it uses freetype1 instead of freetype2. :(
>
> This is still the case.
>
> > Check <URL:http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/vgrabbj.html> for the
> > details.  If this isn't fixed, stopmotion will only work with DV
> > cameras, and not with any USB cameras.  Any volunteer to produce a
> > patch for vgrabbj to use freetype2?
>
> As the package was missing in Lenny when the package freeze went into
> effect, we would have to maintain our own backport to solve this
> issue.  I guess it is too late.
>
> Do most users of stopmotion use USB or DV cameras?  Support for DV
> cameras should still be present in Lenny.  Would it be better to drop
> stopmotion from the Lenny release because the USB camera support is
> broken?  We do not really want a lot of unhappy users complaining
> about stopmotion not working for them, but we do not really want to
> remove a tool that is used with Woody either.  What to we want the
> least?

while our Youngstermeeting we have worked on this and found a
solution.

I will ask Martin to publish the result here.

> Happy hacking,
> --
> Petter Reinholdtsen

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Saludos/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
Projektleitung skolelinux.de
--
kurt@skolelinux.de