Re: strange problem with disk space

[Valerio Pachera]
> The comand above shows that the root is full but I'm not using 12gb!
> I'm using around 7 Gb: 3,2 for /opt, 3,4 for /usr, less than one for
> /var

This sound like the file system have a large file that has been
deleted, but is still used by some running process.  Such files are
not visible in the file system, but uses disk space.  You might be
able to find it using 'fuser -mv' and 'ls -l /proc/*/fds/', but it
will be hard to track it down.

> tjener:/# du -sh *

Note that thiss will not include the directories starting with a dot.
'du -k /|sort -n' might be a better option.

Happy hacking,