Re: Changing clients to automatically find their proxy?

[RalfGesellensetter]
> Some months ago, Nigel (AFAIR) posted a hint how to block unsecure
> browsers by squid. It works well in my school.

Perhaps something to enable by default?

> BTW: Openoffice hangs if you drag&drop an image from a browser into a
> text document: Reason: Missing Proxy settings! As a workaround I
> provide default settings for any user:

Good catch.  Can it use automatic proxy configuration?

> I already added to http://www.ooowiki.de/InstallierenInGroßenNetzen that
> you have to change the "Settings"-Node
> in  /usr/lib/openoffice/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Inet.xcu
> to look like this:
>
>  <node oor:name="Settings">
>   <prop oor:name="ooInetHTTPProxyName" oor:type="xs:string">
>    <value>10.0.2.2</value>
>   </prop>

Why are you hardcoding the IP address, and not using the webcache DNS
alias intended to make it easier to change to a separate proxy?

Happy hacking,