Re: How can we configure OSC Inventory automatically at install time?

El mar, 01-07-2008 a las 23:11 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen escribió:
> The recent images in Lenny install oscinventory-agent on the clients
> and oscinventory-server on the main-server.  But the preseeding is not
> in place, and the packages are not properly configured.

This is the script we have used in all Extremadura computers to install
the ocsinventory agent:

#####################
DOMINIO=`hostname -d`

if [ -z "$DOMINIO" ]; then
        DOMINIO=`grep search /etc/resolv.conf|head -n 1|tr -s " "|cut -f
2 -d" "`
fi
if [ -z "$DOMINIO" ]; then
        DOMINIO=`cut -f 2 -d. /etc/hostname`
fi
if [ -z "$DOMINIO" ]; then
        DOMINIO="SIN_DOMINIO"
fi
###############3

echo "ocsinventory-agent        ocsinventory-agent/tag  string  $DOMINIO
ocsinventory-agent      ocsinventory-agent/method       select  http
ocsinventory-agent      ocsinventory-agent/server       string
inventario.educarex.es">/tmp/selections.ocsinventory-agent

debconf-set-selections /tmp/selections.ocsinventory-agent
apt-get -yf install ocsinventory-agent

##################

We use the domain name of the computer to identify the school (in our
setup every school has its own domain, not like the current debian edu
setup). As there can be computers with the same hostname across the
diferent schools, the domain help us to identify, group or filter the
computers by school.
We have only one ocs server (inventario.educarex.es) for all the
schools, and it was installed using upstream tarball as at that time,
there was no Debian package for the server, so we didn't use any debconf
preseed for the server. Obviously, the hostname "inventario.educarex.es"
might be replaced by ocsserver and add this name to the school dns
setup, making it network independent.

> The OSC Inventory server seem to require a mysql database.  Ignoring
> my preference for PostgreSQL, how can we get the server configured to
> work out of the box at install time?  Anyone got experience and ideas?

No idea

Regards.
José L.