Symlinks on a windows share?

Hi.  I've run into a problem with symlinks and windows, and hope
someone here might be able to iluminate it.

When trying to create a symlink on a cifs volume mounted from a
Windows 2003 file server, 'ln -s foo bar' fail with operation not
supported.  Any idea how to get this working?  I've googled quite a
bit, and failed to find any solution.  Setting the sfu option to mount
do not seem to help.  Is there something that need to be done on the
windows server to get this to work?  Any tricks needed on the linux
machine?

Happy hacking,