Re: OLPC and Tjener

Hi,

On Friday 07 March 2008 13:43, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> This is possibly getting off-topic for debian-edu, but hey - OLPC in
> general is off-topic too IMHO ;-)

I think this is absolutly on topic for Debian Edu. (See below for why.)

But if people think we should stop this discussion here, we could switch over
to http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-olpc-devel/ - but this
list has been dead since more than half a year.

Anyway...

It would be wonderful to have some kind of XO and XS install as (hidden)
profile in Lenny. (XO is the OLPC laptop, XS the schoolserver, proving
backup, internet-gateway and other services.)

To have the same or at least a similar user experiance on the XO as on the XO
running fedora, we have to do some packaging done, as well as the
installation itself. The XS side should be much more straightforward.

Getting sugar in main should be the next step in this. Speaking of which, my
plan now is to use the released tarballs from sugar and not a git snapshot.
You havent updated your packaging to do this, by any chance? ;)

And as the freeze is quite soon now, I'll actually follow up on this plan
RSN..

regards,
	Holger