Re: How important is "Architecture: any" (Was: Downloads things, ...)

Hi,

On Monday 03 March 2008 15:00, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > It's not the only one that package has... (and we have our lenny(-test)
> > for development anyway.)
> Well, "we have our" sounds that I do not belong to this "we" because
> I don't know anything serious about this lenny-test. :)

Hey, don't blame me for you not knowing stuff ;-)

Debian Edu has it's own instance of dak, the debian archive suite, running on
ftp.skolelinux.org, where we can upload packages, which are used in our
cd+dvd builds.

There we have the suites etch-test and etch, and lenny-test and lenny. Uploads
go to etch-test or lenny-test (depending whether you set "unstable" (for
lenny-test) or "terra" (for etch, thats the codename of our Etch release) and
are than manually moved by the ftpmasters to etch or lenny.

This allows us testing of lenny builds, even if your packages are not yet in
Debian lenny.

> Well, in how far it is _important_?

Ok, important was probably not right. But I consider "minor" wrong as well :)
It's a normal bug in Debian, that some architectures are not as well
supported as others. But I wouldn't call this minor, as one selling argument
of Debian is, that we support all archs equally well.

regards,
	Holger