Feedback on your xterminator package
Hi. I was tipped about your xterminator package in Ubuntu, available
I maintain the killer package in Debian, with a similar but not
identical scope as your package.
I had a look at the packaging of xterminator, and found some issues
you might want to fix.
- The control file say 'architecture: any' while the package is
platform independent and thus should be 'architecture: all'.
- The debian/ directory is full of example files. All of them should
be removed. (rm debian/*.ex debian/*.EX).
- The copyright file is not complete and need an update. Upstream
download site, author, copyright and license is missing.
- The debian/README.Debian file do not contain any info and can be
- The version number 0.1-4 indicate a non-native package, but no
xterminator_0.1.orig.tar.gz file is present in the archive. If the
package is supposed to be a native package, the version number
should be changed to 0.1 (or perhaps 0.4 in this case).
- All the dh_* example lines in debian/rules that are currently
commented out should be removed to make the file easier to read and
- Is the script still killing processes on logout? The control file
indicated it, but the changelog mentioned a bug causing this
feature to be removed. Which is correct?