ldapifying services

Hi, Some of you are already aware of the intention of migrating config
of some of the main services in the main server to LDAP. A wiki page [1]
illustrate the progress.
Currently, in Extremadura we have set up a etch ldap server, and have a
lenny server with dhcp and dns working against the ldap server (nowadays
slapd is mostly broken in lenny[2], that's why we still keep the ldap
server in etch). The system is working perfectly, without any known
problem.

For this process to continue, some steps have to be done, and that's the
main reason for this email:
- modify debian-edu-config to work with lenny slapd, after current sid
packages with the fixed bugs enter in testing
- decide if the relation between dns & dhcp will continue as today, or
changing it makes sense (I'm refering to the groups in the bind config
that determine ips and names of some machines in the network)
- decide a definitive nomenclature for the ldap branches (maybe "cn=DHCP
Config,.." is not a perfect name.
- make the installer being able to change the ldap base dn
- work on lwat to be able to work with dhcp & dns configs when
adding/deleting/modifying machines

Comments/help/ideas/work/corrections on this items are very welcome.

Regards.
José L.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/LdapifyServices