Re: nonfree-flashplugin in debian-edu etch

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 11:57:28AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I just saw that 1:1.3 (in sid) is available for amd64, while it's explicitly
> disabled in 1:1.3~bpo40+1. I've asked the maintainer why :)

/me guesses because it needs nspluginwrapper (which is in contrib) on
amd64 to be useful.

Nspluginwrapper needs ia32-libs-gtk which did not make it into etch.

For a private backport (for a friend how can't life without flash) I
used a pre etch version of ia32-libs-gtk from snapshot.d.n and updated
it to the etch version of the libs. With this one can backport
nspluginwrapper and then backport the flashplugin-nonfree. /me thinks
this will not be allowed into bpo.

Greetings

Daniel