Re: nonfree-flashplugin in debian-edu etch

Søndag 10. februar 2008, skrev Holger Levsen:
> I wouldnt bother with lenny, we should rather test gnash and
> libswf-dec in lenny and report problems upstream.

I meet the lead developer on Gnash, Rob Savoye at Open Source in Mobile,
September 2007. Rob said the Gnash build for Debian Etch was broken
cause of incompatible use of configuration parameters. Then Gnash did
not produce expected results when "playing" SWF (Shockwave Flash).

Rob had given some feedback on this issue to Debian maintainers, but I
don't know status on that. Rob said Gnash produced good results with
newer SWF formats. And compared to Adobe's proprietary Flash player,
Gnash supports multiple platforms and operating systems ...

If it's just about build parameters, maybe a Gnash backport could be a
better solution for Etch than the proprietary nonfree-flashplugin?

Best regards

Knut Yrvin